The Center for Breakthrough Medicines is on track to be the largest single-site cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization in the world. Our comprehensive service offering accelerates speed to market through supply chain disruption mitigation strategies, end-to-end program management expertise and unique platform technology with the ability to follow a molecule from idea to commercialization. CBM’s integrated approach provides high quality and consistent end-to-end manufacturing capability including: Process and Analytical Development; Plasmid DNA production; Viral Vector Production of Lentivirus; AAV and Adenovirus; Testing and Analytics; Autologous, Allogeneic and Gene-edited Cell Therapy Bioprocessing; and Cell banking. CBM’s horizontal and vertical integration provides one source throughout a product’s life cycle.
CBM’s mission is to accelerate the delivery and affordability of lifesaving and life-changing therapies from discovery to market by offering a complete solution for the development and commercialization of cell and gene therapies.
The Scientist will be responsible for assisting in performing and managing analytical method development, validation, release, and additional assays needed to support cell and gene therapy client programs. The candidate will assist in advancing strategic and scientific direction for the department to establish analytical development, analytical method lifecycle management strategies, and implement novel technologies.
- Consistently demonstrate and model the highest levels of moral standards and ethical integrity
- Capture data accurately and timely, and maintain detailed records in compliance with applicable regulatory, safety, and environmental standards
- Demonstrate ability to follow documented procedures
- Perform, coordinate and assist in testing to support analytical development, process development.
- Provide flexible support to multiple and varied research projects
· Consistently demonstrate high expectational organizational skills
· Demonstrate ability to learn quickly and to work under minimal supervision
· Demonstrate strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
· Assist in general laboratory and equipment maintenance
· Assist in supplies and materials ordering and inventory
- BS Degree Required preferred
· Cell Biology/cryopreservation/cell banking experience preferred but not required
· Virology (classic Virology and/or molecular virology) experience preferred but not required
- Experience in gene therapy and GMP environment is strongly preferred but not required