- Drive with customer follow-up and developing/closing CBM opportunities.
- Point of contact for all business development inquiries and outbound prospecting (lead generation) in the defined region.
- Engage with existing customers and generating business opportunities.
- Establish new customers and maintain/grow existing customer accounts.
- Establish and nurture positive, productive relationships with customer accounts
- Work collaboratively within Business Development to drive product promotions and provide feedback on ROI.
- Share customer problems/concerns with relevant departments for quality resolution.
- Attend conferences routinely and aid in coordination of events and or presentations.
- Participate in Operations/Business Development meetings as required.
- Complete all required business documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintain a CRM database (Salesforce) via updates to sales opportunities, sales stages, marketing statuses, and customer intelligence data.
The Center for Breakthrough Medicines is on track to be the largest single-site cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization in the world. Our comprehensive service offering accelerates speed to market through supply chain disruption mitigation strategies, end-to-end program management expertise and unique platform technology with the ability to follow a molecule from idea to commercialization. CBM’s integrated approach provides high quality and consistent end-to-end manufacturing capability including: Process and Analytical Development; Plasmid DNA production; Viral Vector Production of Lentivirus; AAV and Adenovirus; Testing and Analytics; Autologous, Allogeneic and Gene-edited Cell Therapy Bioprocessing; and Cell banking. CBM’s horizontal and vertical integration provides one source throughout a product’s life cycle.
CBM’s mission is to accelerate the delivery and affordability of lifesaving and life-changing therapies from discovery to market by offering a complete solution for the development and commercialization of cell and gene therapies.
CBM is located just outside of Philadelphia in the Heart of Cellicon Valley on The Discovery Labs campus set on 300 acres with 2.4 million square feet of life sciences lab and manufacturing space, allowing clients to scale their development and manufacturing needs without ever having to change sites, while providing employees a true community campus experience focused exclusively on life sciences.
We are seeking a BD Operations Associate/Manager for our Contract Development and Manufacturing business unit to be located remotely in the U.S. The BD Operations Specialist is responsible for driving CDMO service business and serving as the point of contact for all BD customer inquiries in the defined region. The BD Operations Specialist administers the business process for specific CBM accounts and/or BD opportunities via phone, e-mail, social media or in person visits. The role involves engaging with new and existing customers while guiding customer’s needs to CBM services.
·Bachelor’s degree in a science or technical field required. Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology, chemistry strongly preferred.
·2-4 years of successful sales experience with a technical life science product or service preferred.
·Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
·Outstanding listening, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
·Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types.
·Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process, and solutions
·Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
·Experience working with Salesforce, or a similar CRM database a plus.
·Strong business sense, instinct, and personal drive.
·Team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team sales performance metrics through personal contribution and teamwork