Center for Breakthrough Medicines is seeking an experienced Building Operations / HVAC Technician to operate and maintain or repair systems and equipment to ensure uptime and reliability, regulatory compliance and overall department work performance goals. Ensure quality and safety standards are met and the maintenance operations are efficient and reliable.Maintain systems and equipment at the highest level of compliance and cleanliness and ensure operating procedures and maintenance work orders are executed in accordance with all regulations.
- Maintain all equipment and systems in a state of readiness matching the needs of the business.
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and refrigeration practices and codes, coordinate work between coworkers, vendors and other trades or contractors as required.
- Provide skills and work practices on Building Operations and Systems used throughout the facility, such as AHU’s, CS and WFI Generation and Distribution, Compressors, Vacuum and Life Safety systems.
- Operate, install, inspect, calibrate, test, maintain and repair all refrigeration, heating, cooling, filtration or humidification systems and related equipment such as MCC’s, motors, motor starters, PLC’s or other controllers, relays, solenoids, and DDC equipment for maintaining critical process and comfort environments per SOP’s. Document in the CMMS and report work results to department management as necessary.
- Execute all work activities with area owner’s knowledge, apprise them of the situation, ongoing status, and results achieved. and follow-up through completion by self, other technicians or outside contractors, while ensuring business continuity, cGMP compliance, equipment serviceability and reliability.
- Review & complete PM and CM activities on time and as scheduled and maintain records in the CMMS.
- Resolve problems while maintaining compliance with cGMP or cGLP requirements.
- Respond to any emergency repair/maintenance situation and assist in the investigation of any deviations or atypical events as required.
- Interact with area customers, clients, and co-workers in a positive, efficient and professional manner to apprise them of the situation, ongoing status, and results achieved.
- Requisition repair materials and equipment to maintain critical inventories needed to keep Operations running. Maintain and account for all tools used in the completion of work assignments.
- Develop procedures for work methods to sustain or improve the equipment or processes as requested.Assist in the planning of new projects related to building systems.
- Review personal performance regularly and develop self within operating functions to continually enhance individual and overall work team performance.
- Provide periodic reports on operating metrics and improvement initiatives.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma, and Recognized Trade/Vocational school or equivalent military/construction trades training or apprenticeship.
- 5 years of journeyman level experience in a technical trade such as HVAC-R, I/E&C, Building Ops, or Maintenance or Construction Trades.
- Current EPA recognized refrigerant handling and repair certificate.