TheSales Operations Directoris the focal point for maintaining awareness of the state of CBM’s growth opportunities, and for enabling the effectiveness of its salesforce. This position is a point of choreography among varied internal functions that contribute to the development of compelling propositions for new business opportunities.
This role provides support to the field sales community, comprising Business Development Directors (focused on demand generation) and Strategic Account Executives (account-based management). The incumbent provides the tools, resources, and guidance to enable effective selling. S/He also maintains accurate fact-based insight into the quality of CBM’s commercial new business pipeline to aid in gap identification and resolution. They will work to segment out the target market, develop targeting strategies and identify prospects leveraging a team of inside sales specialists.CBM is looking for an experienced leader who can successfully drive results in a fast paced and demanding environment, use interpersonal and change management skills to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Experience managing sales operations and/or sales enablement teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, in person and via email and phone.
- High proficiency with sales enablement and CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Experience with financial systems including SAP By Design a plus
- Understanding of digital marketing capabilities, lead generation and qualification and analytical tools
- Numbers driven and self-motivated.
- Ability to perform sales forecasting while assisting Supply Chain in demand planning.
- Highly organized and experienced in program and pipeline management.
- Knowledge of the Advanced Therapy market and/or CDMO Industry is a strong plus
- Increase sales productivity by simplifying and implementing sales automation tools, ex: email prospecting, contract management, content enablement software, etc.
- Work with sales leadership to deliver on its business objectives and organizational goals
- Manage metrics/analytics programs to help sales leaders make data-backed business decisions
- This role supports commercial strategic priorities and driving execution effectiveness through the data integration and collaboration between cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Sales and Finance
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining strategic programs in relation to the Center for Breakthrough Medicine’s efforts in the areas of sales performance reporting, commercial analytics and insights
- Responsible for developing and overseeing a smooth, effective sales process to enable the growth of the organization
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college required, preferably in a business-related field
- The right candidate will have both strong analytical and communication skills
- They are self-motivated, looking for personal and professional growth, detail-oriented and process driven
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry in critical sales operations functions
- Strong proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
- Ability to effectively collaborate and interact with team members throughout the organization
- Proven ability to identify and lead growth enabling initiatives
- Have owned the end-to-end process of tracking sales and conversion rates throughout the sales funnel
- Built reports (preferably through Salesforce) that inform sales leadership on historical results, current performance and expected future results
- 2-5 years managing user experience and adoption in Salesforce and surrounding applications; deep understanding of the Salesforce application model, architecture and data structure
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex information in virtual engagements
- Good organizational and planning skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to take ownership of all projects with a can-do attitude
- Able to thrive and be resourceful in a startup environment