The Project Manager, Process Development is a hands-on, cross-functional leader with a passion for driving results in a dynamic customer-focused environment. This key leadership position is accountable for operational project leadership of internal projects that have a focus on departmental enhancements as it relates to strategic business models, metric driven decisions, operational capacity, and organizational assessments, and more.
The Project Manager should come from a scientific background, have working business savvy on management and models to track departmental health, and be familiar with the business of a CDMO and how internal departments need to operate to be successful in that industry (both short-term issue resolution as well as long-term objective planning).
As a working manager, this coach and leader is often the face of the projects driving project meetings and actions forward to meet project objectives. Relationship building, timeline management, and ability to operate independently to overcome challenges will be critical.
- Provides operational leadership to cross-functional teams for internal projects supporting the Process Development department as well as the greater CBM organization.
- Work with business unit leaders to understand current and future technology, capability, and capacity needs – decisions rooted in metrics and strategic pipeline projections.
- Work with strategy leadership to identify, manage, prioritize, and govern strategic technology opportunities.
- Coordinate and manage external partnerships, sponsored research, and M&A opportunities.
- Work with R&D leadership to manage, support, and govern internal technology development initiatives.
- Work with commercial leadership to coordinate strategic initiative conversions to CBM product and marketing efforts.
- Ensures collaboration with appropriate team members across different functions for driving business decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline required; Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of related pharmaceutical, biotech, CDMO, or related experience required, including relevant experience in laboratory services, business development, and strategy.
- 3+ years of project management experience managing multi-disciplinary project teams in a service business strongly preferred.
- Ability to work proactively and independently with a high level of business savvy towards prioritization of projects and initiatives making decisions founded strategic objectives.
- Ability to develop operational methodologies for strategic planning towards long-term CBM goals.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with internal and external business partners to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and across all functions.
- Lean Six Sigma or formal A3 training strongly desirable.
- 2 years of prior supervisory or managerial experience preferred.
- Advanced formal training, degree or certification(s) preferred.