We are seeking a proven industry expert with a well-rounded and deep understanding of accounting, finance, business operations, supply chain and manufacturing of the worlds most advanced therapeutics/biologics to become our Revenue Manager. It is a very exciting time to join our fast-growing Cell and Gene Therapy Contract Development Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), especially if you are an individual who can think boldly and thrive in an entrepreneurial setting. With the help of our Executive team, Senior Management, experienced staff and team members we will partner with some of the most cutting-edge biotechnology companies to help develop, manufacture and commercialize the world’s next-generation therapies.
The Revenue Manager will report to the Sr. Dir FP&A and will be tasked with finance and accounting oversight of manufacturing and laboratory projects, revenue and expense, resource planning systems, business intelligence and data analytics, supply chain and logistics reporting, budget and variance analysis, revenue and expense forecasting, and become a key contributor to the S&OP process. The Revenue Manager will serve as the main point-of-contact for Senior Management and the finance team as a trusted and accurate source of fiscal information as we seek to execute efficient and profitable development and manufacturing of cell and gene therapy projects.
· Revenue accounting, contract review and financial analysis, transaction processing, budgeting/forecasting, financial month-end reporting and review, KPI and metrics reporting, month-end close support, and business decision support activities for The Center for Breakthrough Medicines and its subsidiaries.
· Ensure compliance with internal and external regulations (incl. SOX and GAAP requirements) and maintain a robust control environment especially as it relates to ASC 606 performance obligations.
· Follow and implement global finance procedures, process improvement initiatives, and share leading accounting practices as it relates to revenue recognition and contract accounting.
· Assist in the compilation and analysis of monthly actuals, accruals-deferrals, forecasts, and budgets for accuracy & proper accounting treatments, ensuring full financial compliance with internal and external control requirements. This position serves as a strategic partner to the business, bringing deep functional and industry accounting experience to help drive sustainable growth and revenue recognition.
· Review business unit annual budgets and monthly forecasts, margin targets, and other corporate deliverables as required for reporting cycles. This includes driving clear assumptions on price, volume, COGS, supplies and consumables, fixed and variable costs, and all other key financial drivers.
· Assist in the compliance and audit initiative, provide hands-on support for the compliance teams to provide quality services to the business units to support effective decision making.
· Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
· Assist in the planning and implementation of the financial reporting and business analytics platforms including but not limited to enterprise resource planning systems, business intelligence and data analytics, LIMS, QMS, supply chain and logistics reporting, budget and variance analysis, revenue and expense forecasting, and key contributor to S&OP process.
· Operational oversight to provide services at expected levels with a clear customer focus.
· Establish frequent communication with key stakeholders to ensure integration, efficiency, and effectiveness of financial compliance across all business units.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Deep knowledge and routine practice of corporate accounting, financial policy creation and implementation, compliance, audit, GAAP, SOX, and operations in pharma, biotech and/or cell and gene therapy
· Subject matter expert for current GAAP, ASC, FASB, IFRS and other accounting standards and guidelines
· Successful track record of driving revenue and profitability within a matrix organization and building strong partnerships with other organizations including R&D, Manufacturing and Senior Management Team
· Ability to develop and maintain regular financial reports with the ability to modify or create reporting process to ensure efficient operations and timely reporting
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills; demonstrated leadership abilities, and the ability to work in team environments
· Experience working with ERP systems, such as SAP and Microsoft environments
· Computer Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access) and shared folders
· Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless results
· Independent, self-starter, highly motivated
· 4-6+ years’ experience in finance and/or accounting related fields
· 3-5 years in the pharmaceutical, life science, biotech, and manufacturing industries
· Commercial and supply chain experience preferred
· Demonstrated experience with manufacturing cost accounting is preferred
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or closely related field from an accredited college or university; advanced business or accounting degree and certifications highly preferred (MBA, CPA)