Center for Breakthrough Medicines is seeking an experienced I/E&C Technician to operate and maintain or repair systems and equipment to ensure uptime and reliability, regulatory compliance and overall department work performance goals. Ensure quality and safety standards are met and the maintenance operations are efficient and reliable. Maintain process systems and equipment at the highest level of reliability, compliance and cleanliness and ensure operating procedures and maintenance work orders are executed in accordance with all regulations.
- Maintain all equipment and systems in a state of readiness matching the needs of the business.
- Perform calibrations on lab and production equipment, including but not limited to Temperature, Pressure, Conductivity, CO2, Humidity, etc.
- Focus skills and work practices on Processing Equipment, such as Bioreactors, Filtration systems, CIP/SIP Systems, Analytical Equipment, Flow Equipment, and Pumps and Valves.
- Focus skills and work practices on Electrical and Instrumentation Systems, such as MCC’s, motors, motor starters, PLC’s or other controllers, relays, solenoids, and DDC equipment.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot systems up to 480VAC.
- Assist with skills and work practices on Building Ops and Systems used throughout the facility, such as AHU’s, CS and MES generation and distribution, Compressors, and Life Safety systems.
- Execute all work activities with area owner’s knowledge and follow-up through completion by self, other technicians or outside contractors, while ensuring business continuity, cGMP compliance, equipment serviceability and reliability.
- Interact with area customers in a professional manner to apprise them of the situation, ongoing status, and results achieved.
- Resolve problems while maintaining compliance with cGMP or cGLP requirements.
- Report findings or work results to department management, as necessary.
- Assist in the investigation of any deviations or atypical events as needed.
- Review and close completed work orders in the department CMMS.
- Develop procedures for work methods to sustain or improve the equipment or processes as requested.
- Exhibit a comprehensive formal and informal demeanor to promote a positive work environment and promote an overall professional interaction with the facility working groups.
- Review personal performance regularly and develop self within operating functions to continually enhance individual and overall work team performance.
- Provide periodic reports on operating metrics and improvement initiatives.
- Ensure all maintenance is completed properly, safely and on time and that a record of completion is kept.
- Requisition repair materials and equipment as required for the maintenance of process systems.
- High School diploma, and Recognized Trade/Vocational school or equivalent military/construction trades training or apprenticeship.
- 5 years of journeyman level experience in a technical trade such as HVAC-R, I/E&C, Building Ops, or Maintenance or Construction Trades.