The Center for Breakthrough Medicines (CBM) is searching for a proactive and agile Sr. Manager, Human Resources with strong communication and collaboration skills. CBM offers an employee centric culture, and the CBM HR department supports the success of the individual and organization. The individual that we seek must be approachable with a high level of integrity, and excellent organizational and conflict management skills. Candidates will exhibit strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills along with the ability to quickly adapt to the needs of our growing organization. This position is an on-site role.
The Sr. Manager, Human Resources will focus on the administration of all areas of HR programs including compensation, benefits, staffing, organizational development, employee relations, and performance management for select partner/functional business groups. The role will act as an employee advocate while building an inclusive culture of trust, collaboration, and innovation.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Collaborates with the HR Ops team member(s) to ensure business partner groups have the necessary information and understanding of company benefit programs
- Partners with the finance team, HR leadership, and functional groups to deploy incentive compensation programs.
- Enhances, develops, implements, systems, and processes that improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the human resources department and the Company.
- Assists with onboarding and orientation activities for all new employees to foster positive attitude and momentum toward company goals and ensures that new community members quickly assimilate into the CBM work environment.
- Supports employee and leadership development. Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, leadership, anti-harassment, and other types of training.
- Supports deployment and follow-up related to the pandemic safety program.
- Conducts employee and leadership check ins.
- Maintains HCMS and generates reports as needed.
- Administer employee recognition programs and coordinate employee events.
- Assists with internal employee communications ensuring that employees feel connected and engaged with their community.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance; handles compliance related reporting.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works closely with Talent Acquisition team to provide recruiting support for assigned clients. This may include participation in job fairs, diversity outreach programs, interviewing and working within the Applicant Tracking System to ensure accurate recordkeeping
- Leads/conducts investigations and manages/facilitates corrective actions
- Handles a wide variety of confidential information with a sense of urgency, tact and discretion at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 8 years or more of progressive human resource generalist or similar experience required.
- SHRM-CP or PHR is a plus.
- Strong people management, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills required.
- Must be approachable with ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, attention to detail required.
- Experience in a high growth and agile organization is preferred.
- Life Sciences Industry experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer onsite.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.