Sr. Specialist / Buyer, Strategic Sourcing and Category Management
Center for Breakthrough Medicines is seeking a Sr. Specialist to support multiple, critical activities to the standing up and evolution of CBM. You will work closely with Category Management to initiate the capital procurement process. Strategic Sourcing and Category Management, one of the three critical pillars (Strategic Sourcing and Category Management, Purchasing and Supplier Relationship Management) under the Procurement and Total Cost of Ownership organization, is primarily responsible for the acquisition of major equipment for the King of Prussia sites.
Incumbent will also be cross trained with Direct / Indirect Buyers to ensure broader organizational exposure.
You will be key in supporting our patient-centric mission, as you will be one of the day-to-day interfaces between CBM and our critical internal partners.
- Works closely with Category Management to convert approved quotes into Purchase Orders
- Liaison between SSCM and other cross-functional teams / stakeholders
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities and other optimization initiatives
- Participate in Gemba walks to ensure cross-functional alignment
- Ensures that order tracking data is populated in CAPEX tracking databases and SAP
- Compile weekly metrics to support executive-level reviews
- Strong sense of patient-centricity / accountability to the patient
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Buying required
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Having worked in a cGxP area is highly preferred
- High School Degree is required / College degree preferred
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Strong desire to learn more about Cell and Gene Therapy and cGxP / Pharma
- SAP, JDE or other ERP system experience required
- Experience in MS Office required