Analytical Development (AD) at Center for Breakthrough Medicines (CBM) has an exciting opportunity for an energetic, client-facing, technical problem solver to technical projects in Cell and Cell Therapy products (CGT). The position will be part of the AD laboratory team, which is responsible for planning, executing, managing, and closing projects The Technical Project Manager will work with a diverse team of scientists, technical leads, and operations to provide testing efficiency evaluation and support clients milestones. AD department supports method development and testing for clients, manufacturing drug substance at CBM facilities or client who require DS/DP testing services.
The ideal candidate for the position will have strong critical thinking, technical writing, and analytical capabilities. The candidate will need to demonstrate organizational skills, creative problem solving, and the ability to work both independently and lead subject matter experts (SME) in negotiating project milestone and deliverables for a client. Ability to work with a matrix team is key to success in this role.
Responsibilities for Technical Project Manager
- Establish and implement training processes and strategies for all technical Leads and SMEs
- Analyze, plan and develop deliverables and standardize project schedules. Participate and communicate effectively in project meetings with clients on a regular basis as well as with internal departments to ensure projects are met with quality and within the applicable scope and budget
- Align and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all resources are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for scientists required for specific client projects. Manage and monitor project progress and timelines to ensure successful completion
- Support generation of documentation as needed and per client request
- Support Management and BD team for new business opportunities
- Master’s degree in Project Management and a minimum Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience in a life science or technical discipline (Biology, Chemistry, Data science, or Computer)
- Highly proficient and experience in Cell and gene therapy products, AAV, AV and LVV.
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited intuition preferred
- Proven experience in and understanding of Life Sciences/Bioinformatics
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies, and methods
- Experience mentoring, coaching, and developing rising talent in the technology department
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for SMEs and clients
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising Client’s milestone and schedules
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills is plus
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles and risks.