The Philadelphia Business Journal is proud to announce the 2022 Most Admired CEOs
This year’s class includes 26 individuals from 25 Greater Philadelphia businesses
These top executives – all of which have the title of chief executive officer, executive director or president – have demonstrated agility and ingenuity in leading their respective companies. Those firms span a wide range of industries, from life sciences to food and beverage to higher education.
To determine the 2022 Most Admired CEOs, the Business Journal’s editorial board selected outstanding executives from almost 100 nominations made by the public.
This year’s group of honorees comprises 24 individuals and one dual recognition for a pair of co-CEOs.
The Business Journal will recognize all of these leaders at a live event at the Crystal Tea Room in Philadelphia on Dec. 8. They will also be profiled in a special print edition of the paper on Dec. 9.
Here are this year’s Most Admired CEOs:
- Joerg Ahlgrimm – Center for Breakthrough Medicines
- Michael Aiello – Centri Business Consulting
- Nick Bayer – Saxbys
- Geoffrey Boyce – Array Behavioral Health
- Scott Braunstein – Marinus Pharmaceuticals
- Mike Capone – Qlik
- Michael DelBene – Welcome America
- Michael Forman – FS Investments
- Bill Glazer – Keystone Development + Investment
- Eric Goldstein – King of Prussia District
- Susan Hardwick – American Water
- Keisha Jordan – Children’s Scholarship Fund of Philadelphia
- Wayne Kimmel – SeventySix Capital
- Mac Macleod – Carvertise
- Dr. Anthony Mazzarelli and Kevin O’Dowd – Cooper University Health Care
- Maura McCarthy – Fairmount Park Conservancy
- Dr. Janice Nevin – ChristianaCare
- Dan Rhoton – Hopeworks
- Michael Schreiber – Playfly Sports
- Craig Spencer – Arden Group
- Larry Stuardi – MRA Group
- Matthew Taylor – Duane Morris
- Kelvin Jeremiah – Philadelphia Housing Authority
- Aaron Walton – Cheyney University
- Marcia Zaruba-O’Connor – O’Connor Group
About The Center for Breakthrough Medicines (CBM)
The Center for Breakthrough Medicines (CBM) is a cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) uniquely positioned to enable pharma and biotech companies to develop, test, manufacture and market life-saving therapies and treatments on a global scale. Ideally located in the heart of Philadelphia’s Cellicon Valley, CBM has assembled the most accomplished cell and gene therapy experts in the world, armed with cutting-edge and innovative technologies, to offer scalable, best-in-class pre-clinical through commercial manufacturing capabilities including process development, plasmid DNA, viral vector manufacturing, cell banking, cell processing, and a full suite of complementary and standalone testing and analytical capabilities.
Purpose-built and patient-driven, CBM was designed from the ground up to be a more-effective CDMO; providing single-source, end-to-end solutions to deliver true partnership and unprecedented value to its customers through teamwork, transparency and speed-to-market dedication.