In the role of Director, Demand and Supply Planning, the leader will set and execute objectives that balance supply and demand: provide critical support to the S&OP process, measure and continuously improve our demand planning accuracy, predictably meet customer (client) supply service levels, and drive accountability across the organization in order to meet customer needs and financial goals, including but not limited to defined inventory targets. This leader will identify process breakdowns and inefficiencies and oversee the creation, implementation and continuous improvement of aligned demand and supply planning processes, technology tools / systems and metrics to measure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Leading, coaching, and mentoring team members to reach their full potential
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Support S&OP process, working cross-functionally to drive collaboration and consensus on demand, supply and capacity, incl. its future development.
- Functional ownership for End-to-End Planning, full life cycle for CBM developed and manufactured client products, to assure timely development and set up, on-time supply to client, and optimized inventory management for all client and CBM materials
- Continuously adapt, evolve and improve the business sales, inventory, and operations planning process, focused on process to create Demand aligned to CBM sales & pipeline
- Business leadership / ownership for E2E supply chain planning processes, technology solutions, and metrics with particular focus on the demand planning module.
- Driving measurable, improvements across demand and supply planning team
- Oversight and execution of demand and supply planning processes for all products, resulting in strategic alignment in all Business Units (BUs).
- Analyze Planning Results (MRP) to identify material readiness risks and opportunities: resolving constraints by partnering effectively with BUs and PD organizations
- Serve as the point person for escalation of demand and supply related issues with BUs
- Act as primary owner for issues related to roll-up of demand plans, analysis of CBM client pipeline and development of final demand plan
- Developing and reviewing metrics and assessing performance against targets to identify improvement plans to close gaps.
- Driving process d, effective utilization of toolsets, and reporting that supports the collaborative efforts of the supply and demand planning teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related field. (required)
- MBA or advanced degree (preferred)
- 8+ years of Supply Chain, Demand Planning, or related experience
- 5+ years of experience leading, especially in a matrixed organization, preferred
- Design and / or Process ownership for Planning, Inventory Management and Master Data Management of ERP system (SAP experience preferred)
- Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical experience (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Data-driven and highly analytical mindset
- Solid knowledge of databases, and reporting tools
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other technical employees and business stakeholders
- Some travel may be required
- Onsite with ability to accommodate limited remote work schedule if required