The Supply Chain Lead (E2E (end-to-end) Business Unit Planner III) is the key Supply Chain contact to an assigned Business Unit for managing materials (including raw materials, components and supplies), ensuring that materials are available in a timely manner within budget, based on Business & Client needs.
Assumes full responsibility for comprehensive planning from new client intake to end of contract. The Planner maintains accurate demand forecasts, BOMs, BOOs (routings) and planning parameters for MRP, and executes based on guidelines and policies to accomplish these goals, leveraging their experience and judgement as needed.
The Planner helps to resolve a wide range of complex issues using analytical and problem-solving abilities. With familiarity of the end-to-end Supply Chain process and in-depth knowledge of Planning, the Planner helps to train others on how to execute their job responsibilities and ensures SOPs/WI are aligned with current processes.
- Plans materials necessary for business unit operations and client programs (not responsible for establishing new suppliers or negotiating contracts).
- Creates demand forecast (plan) at Business Unit level aligned to Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) for active & pipeline client programs.
- Actively participate in S&OP meetings, challenging as appropriate and addressing concerns.
- Check MRP-generated purchase proposals, align with business to manage exceptions.
- Set-up and maintain BOM (Bill of Materials), BOO (Bill of Operations) and planning parameters in MRP/ERP system.
- Represents Supply Chain for new client intake and material readiness assessment / planning.
- Manages materials based on defined replenishment policies and planning parameters (e.g. safety stock, lead times, etc.).
- Exercise a good working knowledge of materials and sources of supply to validate proposed purchase requisitions.
- Determine material requirements from assigned Business Units and production schedules and coordinate the efficient movement of materials through production cycle.
- Collaborating with Business Units creates unconstrained production plans and manage short-term exceptions or constraints as part of the MRP process.
- Manages inventory in optimal manner, aligned to CBM inventory targets and strategies.
- Provides analysis and proposes strategies for additional optimization.
- Execute job responsibilities ensuring we maintain the highest quality standards to support CBM Quality and GMP compliance.
- Maintain metrics and initiate changes / improvements based on results.
- Drive Lean activities and initiatives in Planning area.
- Support EHS (Environmental, Health & Safety) activities and initiatives.
- Perform other duties/special projects as assigned.
- Work with receiving, finance and suppliers to reconcile discrepancies in receiving and invoicing.
- Resolves a wide range of complex Planning issues that may arise.
- Provides input to optimize inventory / replenishment policies.
- Train others on how to execute Planning tasks & generate reports in SAP.
- Reviews SOPs/WI to ensure aligned with current processes.
- Provides assessment of material readiness at all stages of product lifecycle, from initiation to tech transfer to commercialization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Supply Chain or related field, certification, or relevant work experience.
- 8+ years of material planning in a manufacturing setting, 6+ years with a Master’s Degree, or 3+ years with a PhD (preferred).
- Previous experience in a Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals, or Medical Devices environment (preferred).
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems.
- Experience in supply chain management and inventory control.
- APICS Certification (CPIM, CSCP) (preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective collaboration with remote colleagues.
- Able to analyze data and interpret trends using Microsoft Excel.
- Focused ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Able to identify Lean / process improvement opportunities.
- Excellent understanding of how Planning works, able to train others.
- Understand basic statistical concepts related to forecasting & variation (preferred).