Director, Demand & Supply Planning
In the role of Director, Demand and Supply Planning, the leader will set and execute objectives that balance supply and demand: provide critical support to the S&OP process, measure and continuously improve our demand planning accuracy, predictably meet customer (client) supply service levels, and drive accountability across the organization to meet customer needs and financial goals, including but not limited to defined inventory targets.
This leader will identify process breakdowns and inefficiencies and oversee the creation, implementation and continuous improvement of aligned demand and supply planning processes, technology tools / systems and metrics to measure efficiency and effectiveness.
· Functional ownership for End-to-End Planning, full life cycle for CBM developed and manufactured client products, to assure timely development and set up, on-time supply to client, and optimized inventory management for all client and CBM materials.
· Continuously adapt, evolve and improve the business sales, inventory, and operations planning process, focused on process to create Demand aligned to CBM sales & pipeline.
· Business leadership / ownership for E2E supply chain planning processes, technology solutions, and metrics with particular focus on the demand planning module.
· Analyze Planning Results (MRP) to identify material readiness risks and opportunities resolving constraints by partnering effectively with BUs and PD organizations.
· Driving process, effective utilization of toolsets, and reporting that supports the collaborative efforts of the supply and demand planning teams.
· Leading, coaching, and mentoring team members to reach their full potential.
· Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
· Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
· Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
· Support S&OP process, working cross-functionally to drive collaboration and consensus on demand, supply and capacity, incl. its future development.
· Driving measurable, improvements across demand and supply planning team
· Oversight and execution of demand and supply planning processes for all products, resulting in strategic alignment in all Business Units (BUs).
· Serve as the point person for escalation of demand and supply related issues with Business Units.
· Act as primary owner for issues related to roll-up of demand plans, analysis of CBM client pipeline and development of final demand plan.
· Developing and reviewing metrics and assessing performance against targets to identify improvement plans to close gaps.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Business, or related field.
· 8+ years of Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, or related experience.
· 5+ years of experience leading, especially in a matrixed organization, preferred.
· Management of an ERP system.
· Design and / or Process ownership for Planning, Inventory Management and Master Data.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent sales and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Data-driven and highly analytical mindset.
· Solid knowledge of databases, and reporting tools.
· Ability to collaborate effectively with other technical employees and business stakeholders.
· Some travel may be required.
· Onsite with ability to accommodate limited remote work schedule if required.
· MBA or advanced degree
· SAP experience
· Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical experience
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected category including veteran status.
Center for Breakthrough Medicines is seeking a Warehouse Associate to perform a variety of warehouse operations, including receiving, put-away, inventory management and material movement.
The Warehouse Associate collaborates and communicates with warehouse personnel, logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products. S/He also keeps updated logs by tracking, tracing, and updating the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Perform the daily warehouse activities to meet the demands of clinical and commercial manufacturing in a timely manner to ensure no delays in supply chain
- Move equipment from warehouses to campus
- Manage the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Track, trace, and update the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and member-ready area.
- Promptly unload trucks and deliveries.
- Sort and stock receivables.
- Scan and sort incoming and outgoing stock
- Work with external vendors, couriers, custom agents to facilitate shipments
- Communicate necessary information internally and externally as required. Work across internal functions to communicate the timelines to prevent any delays
- Comply and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Distribution Practices (GDP) and Good Import/Export Practices for all activities Ensure efficient daily operations of the warehouse team
- Demonstrate an understanding of the company quality policy
- Communicate well with leadership, team members and other departments
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 6 months logistics, retail, or customer service experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
Lift up to 70lbs
Supply Chain Lead
The Supply Chain Lead (E2E (end-to-end) Business Unit Planner III) is the key Supply Chain contact to an assigned Business Unit for managing materials (including raw materials, components and supplies), ensuring that materials are available in a timely manner within budget, based on Business & Client needs.
Assumes full responsibility for comprehensive planning from new client intake to end of contract. The Planner maintains accurate demand forecasts, BOMs, BOOs (routings) and planning parameters for MRP, and executes based on guidelines and policies to accomplish these goals, leveraging their experience and judgement as needed.
The Planner helps to resolve a wide range of complex issues using analytical and problem-solving abilities. With familiarity of the end-to-end Supply Chain process and in-depth knowledge of Planning, the Planner helps to train others on how to execute their job responsibilities and ensures SOPs/WI are aligned with current processes.
- Plans materials necessary for business unit operations and client programs (not responsible for establishing new suppliers or negotiating contracts).
- Creates demand forecast (plan) at Business Unit level aligned to Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) for active & pipeline client programs.
- Actively participate in S&OP meetings, challenging as appropriate and addressing concerns.
- Check MRP-generated purchase proposals, align with business to manage exceptions.
- Set-up and maintain BOM (Bill of Materials), BOO (Bill of Operations) and planning parameters in MRP/ERP system.
- Represents Supply Chain for new client intake and material readiness assessment / planning.
- Manages materials based on defined replenishment policies and planning parameters (e.g. safety stock, lead times, etc.).
- Exercise a good working knowledge of materials and sources of supply to validate proposed purchase requisitions.
- Determine material requirements from assigned Business Units and production schedules and coordinate the efficient movement of materials through production cycle.
- Collaborating with Business Units creates unconstrained production plans and manage short-term exceptions or constraints as part of the MRP process.
- Manages inventory in optimal manner, aligned to CBM inventory targets and strategies.
- Provides analysis and proposes strategies for additional optimization.
- Execute job responsibilities ensuring we maintain the highest quality standards to support CBM Quality and GMP compliance.
- Maintain metrics and initiate changes / improvements based on results.
- Drive Lean activities and initiatives in Planning area.
- Support EHS (Environmental, Health & Safety) activities and initiatives.
- Perform other duties/special projects as assigned.
- Work with receiving, finance and suppliers to reconcile discrepancies in receiving and invoicing.
- Resolves a wide range of complex Planning issues that may arise.
- Provides input to optimize inventory / replenishment policies.
- Train others on how to execute Planning tasks & generate reports in SAP.
- Reviews SOPs/WI to ensure aligned with current processes.
- Provides assessment of material readiness at all stages of product lifecycle, from initiation to tech transfer to commercialization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Supply Chain or related field, certification, or relevant work experience.
- 8+ years of material planning in a manufacturing setting, 6+ years with a Master’s Degree, or 3+ years with a PhD (preferred).
- Previous experience in a Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals, or Medical Devices environment (preferred).
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems.
- Experience in supply chain management and inventory control.
- APICS Certification (CPIM, CSCP) (preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective collaboration with remote colleagues.
- Able to analyze data and interpret trends using Microsoft Excel.
- Focused ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Able to identify Lean / process improvement opportunities.
- Excellent understanding of how Planning works, able to train others.
- Understand basic statistical concepts related to forecasting & variation (preferred).